WHY FURNACES FAIL
COMMON REASONS THAT FURNACES FAIL
If you are experiencing problems with your furnace, contact us right away! Our expert furnace repair technicians will quickly diagnose and repair the problem.
There are many reasons that a furnace may fail. A furnace is made up of many parts that work together to do their job, and as a result, it can often be tricky to determine exactly why your furnace has kicked the bucket.
However, the most common reasons are:
- Clogged furnace filters – The air filter inside of your furnace is designed to prevent dust/pollen/particulates from being circulated throughout your home. However, many people don’t realize than an air filter is also designed to keep your furnace operating efficiently. A furnace may become inoperable when an air filter gets so dirty that it prevents the free-flow of air. To prevent this, check your furnace filter every month and replace it if it is clogged or damaged.
- Broken thermostat – While technically not part of the furnace, a thermostat is an important component of your heating system. If it fails, the furnace may become inoperable because the thermostat is no longer telling it what to do. Always start your troubleshooting here.
- Ignition failure – Whether you have a pilot light or an electronic ignition, the symptom will remain the same: the furnace simply won’t ignite, and thus no heat will be created. Check this annually to ensure that it is in good operating condition.
- The blower motor – Also called your furnace fan. If this item fails your furnace may ignite and produce heat, but there is no mechanism by which it can be circulated throughout your home. The blower motor is part of a system of components designed to circulate air: inspect the fan motors, belts, and bearings regularly and replace any items showing obvious signs of wear.
- No fuel – Many furnaces in British Columbia are fueled by natural gas. If your gas furnace is not receiving a steady supply of fuel it will not be able to operate. Due to the toxic and volatile nature of natural gas, we strongly recommend that you have a professional service any problems related to gas lines.
Serving BC Since 1981
We’ve worked hard for over 30 years to build a reputation based on responsiveness, trust, and customer satisfaction.
Whether you’re looking to install new equipment, or repair existing equipment, you can trust the experts at CampbellCare.
We know how important your time is to you- that's why we are guaranteed to arrive within the one-hour appointment window we book! We don't want you waiting around wondering where your plumber or HVAC technician is. Count on us to arrive on time, every time.
We know that our people are our best product! That’s why we invest in ongoing training, top of the line equipment, and offer compensation that is sure to satisfy.
7063 Venture St.Delta, BC V4G 1H8
6045 West Boulevard, Vancouver, BC V6M 3X2