PREMATURE AIR CONDITIONER FAILURE
TOP FIVE CAUSES OF AIR CONDITIONER FAILURE
what to look for when your air conditioner is not working
Like any mechanical unit, maintenance and upkeep are key in ensuring that your air conditioner remains healthy and efficient. However, even with proper maintenance there is still a risk that something may go wrong or a component may fail.
If you are considering a new central air conditioner for your home, or if you have an existing air conditioner already on-site and are simply researching, we hope that the information below is helpful.
- Electrical issues – If you notice that your circuit breaker is being tripped constantly while your air conditioner is on it may be a sign that your system has bad wiring. Bad wiring can occur from deterioration of wires, corrosion, or just faulty wiring. This is a very serious issue because it can lead to a fire in your home. If you suspect that your air conditioner isn’t functioning properly get it checked out immediately.
- Low Refrigerant – Air conditioners function through the use a refrigerant chemical to cool off the air. If you notice that your air conditioner isn’t blowing out cold air it could be indicative of a refrigerant leak or a problem with how it is functioning in the system. If you suspect a problem with your refrigerant be sure to get it looked at or your air conditioner will continue subpar performance.
- Insufficient airflow – Air conditioners require unrestricted airflow in order to do their job properly. Obstructions in the ducting system, clogged filters, damage to ducts, or other impairments will greatly reduce not only the effectiveness of your air conditioner, but also its shelf life.
- Frozen coil – If your air conditioner coil is full of gunk, damaged, or misplaced, it may block airflow and then freeze. A frozen coil will not do its job properly and can cause huge headaches when trying to diagnose. Our recommendation? Stay on top of it with annual maintenance (plug: CampbellCare Club is great for that!)
- User error – More often than not, the main reason an air conditioner isn’t working is because its owners don’t know how to use it properly. This could be for a variety of reasons, from misinformation about how to operate your thermostat to poor winterizing or power saving techniques.
We believe in educating our customers on their new home comfort system. If you are unsure of how to properly operate your new air conditioner we invite you to contact us! After all, that’s what we’re here for.
Serving BC Since 1981
We’ve worked hard for over 30 years to build a reputation based on responsiveness, trust, and customer satisfaction.
Whether you’re looking to install new equipment, or repair existing equipment, you can trust the experts at CampbellCare.
We know how important your time is to you- that's why we are guaranteed to arrive within the one-hour appointment window we book! We don't want you waiting around wondering where your plumber or HVAC technician is. Count on us to arrive on time, every time.
We know that our people are our best product! That’s why we invest in ongoing training, top of the line equipment, and offer compensation that is sure to satisfy.