15/05/2018 0 Comments
Save Money, Breathe Easy - Enjoy Clean Air Filtration in Your Vancouver Home
Spring is a fantastic time to get out and enjoy the increased sunshine and temperatures. It is also the perfect opportunity for some deep cleaning. Have you finished your spring cleaning list yet?
Many homeowners take advantage of Mother Nature’s good mood to clean up around the yard, tune-up the lawnmower, and get the air conditioning system ready for summer.
One item to get done now before summer’s heat hits is to change the air filter in your HVAC system. Changing out your air filter is a simple task that amounts to enormous benefits for you, your family, and your home. So, as you are mowing the lawn and putting away your winter clothes, why not switch out your filter? You will be glad you did.
Why You Should Check the Air Filtration in Your HVAC System
• Your system will last longer – If the filters on your system are clogged, then air flow is restricted. Restricted air results in items like the blower fan having to work harder. It can affect other costly parts like the compressor. In short, a clogged filter can cause extensive damage.
• Your system will run efficiently – Imagine the extra energy expended because parts are straining to get cold air throughout your home. When air cannot travel out of the unit, the result can be a frozen compressor working harder and using the same amount of energy without a change in the home’s comfort. Money gets wasted on an inefficient air conditioner.
• Your home’s air quality will improve – Filters pull all sorts of nasty intruders from your home like dust, allergens, and pollutants. When they do not circulate through your air conditioning system, the result is a dustier house. Also, if mold and bacteria starts growing on the wrong side of the filter, the potential for more pollutants to be circulated through your home increases.
How to Schedule an Air Filtration Change
Understanding the benefits of regular filter changing is just the beginning. Next, you have to do it. Consider these factors when setting up a maintenance schedule:
• Follow what the manufacturer suggests. It could be monthly or annually.
• How many pets you have. Every 60 days may do for a home with only one dog or cat. For homes with multiple pets, aim for 30-45 days.
• If you suffer from allergies. Allergy suffers will benefit from changes every 30-45 days.
• Your home’s use. A vacation home does not have the same traffic as a regular home. Filters can be changed less frequently in an unoccupied house.
Trusted Air Conditioner Maintenance Professionals in Vancouver
Avoid costly repairs and polluted air when you inspect the air filtration and switch your filters this spring. If you need additional help keeping your HVAC system running at its best, call the team at CampbellCare. Our experts will look over your air conditioner and check coolant levels, compressor fan, and other moving parts to ensure your unit is functioning the way it should.