As we enter the summer months, it’s time to start thinking about the quality of your air conditioning and most importantly – your air ducts. To keep your home as safe and healthy as possible, it is crucial to have your air ducts cleaned before you have cold air blasting into your living spaces continuously. So how do you know that it may be time to have your air ducts cleaned? We’ve listed 5 signs below you may want to keep on your radar:
- Mold: If you can see mold growth within your ducts, it is definitely time to have them cleaned. Mold can be extremely tricky to get rid of on your own. In order to ensure the health of those in your home, have professionals deal with the issue to prevent the mold from spreading further. If you can’t see mold but start to smell an abnormal scent (sometimes described as a mildew or ammonia smell), mold within your ducts could be the cause.
- Dust: We have all seen how quickly dust can accumulate within your home. If you are regularly dusting but still find your counters and tabletops collecting dust within a few days, it is likely that there is dust coming from your air ducts. Not only does this mean more time spent vacuuming and dusting, but constantly breathing in airborne dust particles can be harmful to you and your family’s health.
- Increased Allergies: While it’s common for many of us to suffer from seasonal allergies, if your symptoms are persisting well past allergy season, it may be worth looking into the condition of your air ducts. Some symptoms to be aware of include sneezing, itchy eyes, and sore throat.
- Visible Signs of Infestation: If there are any traces of unwanted pests in your home, it is likely that they’ve been spending time in your air ducts. Upon inspection, you may notice nests or droppings within your ducts. You may wish to reach out to a pest control service if you are concerned, and then to a professional to ensure the cleanliness of your ducts is up to standard.
- Increased Energy Bill: If you notice an unexpected rise in your energy bill and can’t put your finger on why, your air ducts could be an overlooked cause. Build up of dirt and dust within your ducts could be resisting airflow, causing your system to overwork itself and underproduce. Save yourself unnecessarily high bills and consider more frequent professional air duct cleaning services.
If you notice any of the above warning signs and are wanting to schedule an air duct cleaning, call your local professionals at CampbellCare. With over 30 years of experience, you can trust our team of highly trained technicians to provide state-of-the-art care and service.