12/01/2018 0 Comments
Signs that Tell You the Hot Water Heater Needs Replacement
Hot water is essential to everyday life for families in Vancouver. Any interruption in its flow will disrupt daily chores. It also indicates that there is an issue with plumbing or with the hot water heater, which may need a replacement. To avoid the inconvenience of no hot water or water damage to your home from a leaking tank, you must know how to identify the signs that indicate it may be time for a new water heater.
Recognize the Problems and Look for these Signs
· Check the age: While regular maintenance will extend the life of a hot water heater, all heaters come with an average life expectancy of around 7-10 years. If your heater is close to this age, it may likely need to be replaced. Of course, a lot also depends on usage; a large family’s hot water consumption is greater than a couple or an individual living alone. Check the sticker on the heater to determine its age. Or call in a qualified plumber in the Vancouver area who can determine the age and condition. While at it, check the plumbing too.
· When hot water flow is interrupted: One strong sign that the heater may need replacement is when hot water flow is interrupted. Or when you don’t get enough hot water for a shower. This is an indication that the hot water heater is having trouble and not performing optimally.
· When you see rust and sediment: If the heater has been in use for a long time, it may have accumulated sediment inside. The sediment can cause corrosion on the inside of the heater. You may get small particles of rust with hot water or the water may look dirty. You may also see a leak around the heater. Rust is a serious issue that can cause cracks and breakage, or foul up faucets and fixtures within your homes’ plumbing system; hence it must be attended to immediately.
You Have Decided to Replace the Hot Water Heater. Now What?
Once you have decided to replace the hot water heater, consider the following to get the best heater that fits your needs, and ensure that it is installed properly.
· Tankless hot water heaters are gaining wide popularity in the Vancouver area these days. Discuss your current hot water heating system, and your needs, with a professional plumber in Vancouver. The trained and licensed plumbers at CampbellCare Plumbing, Heating & Air can inspect your home and provide the best option for a new tankless hot water heater.
· Think of upgrading it to a newer model that may save space. Upgrade to an energy efficient heater to save on your energy bills. Many models even qualify for a Fortis Rebate!!
· During the lifetime of the old heater, the family size may have changed and you may want to consider changing the capacity of the heater based on your current family size.
· Seek professional advice to help you decide on the best hot water heater for your home and get a professional plumber to help you install it.
Call CampbellCare Plumbing, Heating & Air today to check if the hot water heater in your Vancouver home needs replacement. Call us now at 604-337-0498, or you can reach us online to schedule an appointment.